Lesbian Forum - LoveGirls.co.uk

LoveGirls Forums
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: im lesbian curious. wondering why lesbians dress like boys
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:24 pm 

i would have thought if they dressed more girlie, they would become more attractive to other lesbians. obviously some are not that attractive, but other have pretty faces but have short hair and look like emo 12 yr old boys. if they dressed girlie theyd probably be considered a hot lesbian by males and females alike.

im not juding just wondering the reasons for dressin boyish. its the same with gay guys, who have manbags and dress like girls. i dont understand why gay guyswould find that attractive because itsso feminime

Post subject: Re: im lesbian curious. wondering why lesbians dress like boys
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:42 am 

Not all lesbians dress like boys.
However, there are certain reasons why they would.
-They feel more comfortable physically. Baggy boy clothes are sooo comfy.
-They just don't like the looks of girly clothes. It's just not what they view as "cool" or "cute"
-They like playing the boy in the relationship. It's just psychological for some lesbians.

There's no one real answer. It's all up in our noggin :)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:46 pm 

userboo 123... That's a pretty unusual nickname. I grant you that! :)

As I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "well, if there weren't for girls who dressed like boys, or boys dressed like girls, how would we recognize each other??" :) Perhaps we must thank all the girls and boys who dress as they feel comfortable with because otherwise, finding a partner would have been a real pain. :))

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:54 am 
Noob
Noob

you are definitely right. Im also wondering why they dress like a boy :S. i dont understand that.
I don't ever see a girly girl that's gay. Well, maybe because they look straight? hahaha :D

Marin<3

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm 
Noob
Noob

Well, a lot of being gay is about being comfortable about yourself. I guess some people take this as clothes as well? I'm not really a fan of the loose clothes, but I feel like a guy sometimes. Not like wanting to get a sex-change, because lets face it, most guys would not complain at having a cute female body! And not even totally male, either. But I guess some people would want to show what they feel like on the outside.

Either that, or to know that its a look they can really succeed in without having to try. And to make a statement that they're comfortable with the fact they are a lesbian, and also almost as an advertisement for new partners and new people who are lesbian to talk to them - like this place!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 pm 

I've never thought about it as more than that's what they're happiest in and think looks good on them. Live and let live... if that's what they find attractive or feel most confident in then why not?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:42 am 

it was very liberating at a certain time and could let the ladies be free to explore 'sexual mystique'
also it goes back to the day when women would pretend to be men in order to woo women
in some cases they actually got married and lived together
occasionly getting in trouble with the law not for bein gay but for tax reasons (As men would have more rights to prorpetity ect)
the queen of cross dressing is marlene dietrich who is also the epitome of sexual freedom
also its just each to ur own - what makes u comfortable - sometimesgives a swagger, comfortable and so on ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:29 am 
Noob
Noob

Not all of them dress like boys. Personally I go from dressing girly to boyish back to girly again. Its all just about being comfortable in you own skin and if you want to dress a certain way them go ahead and be yourself. Lifes far to short to be anything else :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 pm 
Noob
Noob

Ummmm, I think you have made a mistake here.... some lesbians dress like boys. I dress like a girl and my wife dresses like a girl. We are probably what most people would call femme and/or lipstick lesbians. I am told that I totally confuse the gaydar of very intuitive lesbians so...... sometimes my other half and I walk towards each other in a public place and when we meet, exchange a romantic kiss only for several people around us to have suffered a whiplash, we just dont fit the steerotype and thats what lesbians dressed as boys are, stereotypes, not bad ones, I've seen some really sexy girls that are butch, but we're not all that way in appearance.